When it comes to moving hiring the full service of a reliable professional moving company is imperative to make certain your relocation process is quick, efficient and smooth. Moving is more than packing up and transporting all your belongings to your new home, as it requires a great deal of careful planning, preparation and coordination. And an expert experienced mover, like the local moving company orange county ca, can help make your moving experience a great one.
Moving Your Dining Table
One of the most exhausting part of moving is packing. Not only does it require time, but energy and good packing skills are needed as well in order to make certain your belongings don’t get damaged, broken or missing. Hiring the full service of an expert mover, such as the local moving company orange county ca, can help you with this task.
Packing A Dining Room Set For Moving
A quality dining table is perhaps a piece of home furniture that you own which is both practical and grand. Therefore, when you decide to move, you would surely want to bring it with you in your new home. While transporting a dining set isn’t too difficult, especially when you hire a reliable mover, you will have to be really careful when packing as well as transporting it to avoid scratch and damage during the process of relocation. With that, here are a few tips in packing your dining set to make certain it arrives in your new home intact and unscathed.
Packing a dining room set is an easy and simple process so long as you take note of important details so as to lessen or prevent damage to your delicate furniture.
Preparing the Dining Table and Chairs For Packing
- Take several photos of your dining table from various angles to record the condition of the furniture prior the move. This will help you in reassembling the table after your mover and will also serve as evidence in the event you have to make a claim against the moving company you hired in case it gets broken or damaged while you’re your furniture is under their care.
- Make certain the furniture is clean and dry as uncleaned dirt, spills, or dust may cause permanent damage to the surface of the table. You can also apply paste wax or furniture polish to your table before the move to protect the surface.
Disassembling The Table
- Dissembling your dining table will make packing and transporting it easier as well as lessen damage to it.
- Prior to removing the legs of the table, take photos of the way they are attached to the base of the table.
- If your table has a marble or glass top, take it off first then lay a large and soft enough blanket on the floor. Place the table on the blanket where the table legs are pointing upward and the table surface on the floor.
- Depending on the kind of table you have, unscrew or unbolt the legs. If you can’t detach the table legs, properly wrap them in bubble wrap to protect it during the move.
- If you are able to detach the table legs, wrap them separately in plastic wrap and secure it with tape.
- In a resealable plastic bag, place the nuts, bolts, and screws in it and tape it to the base of the table or on one of the wrapped legs.
Wrapping the Table
- Make use of corrugated cardboard to wrap the corners and edges of the table.
- Use a moving blanket to wrap the tabletop. Make sure they overlap by at least a foot so you can run the packing tape around it to secure the moving blankets. If the moving blanket can only cover the tabletop, tape it to the underside or base of the table. Make certain you don’t place tape on the surface of your table.