The guests in your restaurant appreciate the quality of your dishes – and why should it be any different with your restaurant website? We will share tips with which you can successfully design the website for your restaurant.
Create an Awesome Website for your Restaurant
Having just one website is no longer sufficient for catering operators. Instead, the restaurant homepage must actually meet the needs of the user. A functioning technology is just as important as clear structures or clear menus.
Would you like to get started right away with a perfectly designed website for your restaurant? You can do it yourself by watching tutorials and reading reviews on the best hosting solutions. But you can also hire a professional to create an engaging website for a minimal fee.
9 tips for your restaurant website
The design of your restaurant website is of course the central success factor. However, the design must always be viewed subjectively, because it has to match the orientation of your restaurant and your target group. Make sure that your restaurant website is clearly structured, looks tidy and covers all important information.
In addition, your restaurant homepage should take into account the following tips and features:
- High quality images: Photos play an important role on almost every website, but in the hospitality industry they are even more important. If the pictures of your food look high-quality and appetizing, you already have a good chance of getting the visitor to make a reservation. Also take into account the pictures of your restaurant, which can clarify the atmosphere of your restaurant.
- Menu: You can write ten times on your website that you are an Italian restaurant. But users will still want to see the exact menu and discover for themselves which pizzas or pasta dishes you are offering. The menu is therefore one of the central elements on every restaurant website and should be prominently placed accordingly.
- Prices: In most cases, your menu should include information about the prices of your dishes. This creates a feeling of trust in the users and allows them to better weigh up whether the restaurant suits their ideas. And that also includes your wallet.
- Offers: References to specific promotions and offers are also important. Do you have weekly changing dishes or a lunch menu? Then place this important information on your website to create additional incentives for a visit to your locality.
- Address: Most hungry users are looking for a restaurant near them. That is why the address must not be missing on any website. You can add a route map or directions including parking instructions to help your guests find their way around.
- Opening times: The opening times of your establishment are just as important as the location. How does it look like at lunchtime, for example? Or are you open after midnight? Opening hours are also a mandatory requirement for restaurant websites.
- Contact options: It is of relatively little use to you if your restaurant website convinces its visitors, but then offers no opportunity to contact them. You should therefore make your telephone number and e-mail address visible or integrate contact forms.
- Online reservations: You take a step further when you enable guests to make online reservations. This service function is not only extremely convenient for interested parties, it also saves you time that you or your staff do not have to spend on the phone.
- Mobile accessibility: Many users search for a restaurant on the go and want to find tasty results quickly. That’s why you need to be reachable with your restaurant website right then. So make sure that your homepage is perfectly displayed on mobile devices.
After all, the presentation of your own kitchen on a modern website has long since become an obligation for restaurant and caffè owners. Every day, potential guests look for nice bars or trendy restaurants on the internet. And the primary selection criterion is the design of the restaurant website.